COVID - 19 Statement
We are taking robust measures to ensure the wellbeing of our guests and employees during the global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID- 19).
We are closely monitoring the official advice given by both the World Health Organisation and the UK Government. We are vigilant in ensuring all of our staff have been fully briefed and are constantly updated on the ongoing situation.
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene across all Caradog Hotel properties (inclusive but not limited to The Angel Hotel, The Walnut Tree, The Abergavenny Hotel, The Angel Bakery and The Art Shop & Chapel) at all times and in response to the Coronavirus. We are taking the following additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
1. All employees have been trained on our new policies and procedures regarding COVID-19 health & safety protocols. These measures include, but aren't restricted to, hand hygiene, wearing masks (where mandated) and social distancing. Employees will also be asked to stay home and seek medical attention if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
2. When you arrive at one of our Caradog Hotel properties, our employees will act as your guide, sensitively communicating all the new hygiene, health and safety measures so you can move seamlessly around, knowing that you’re being looked after with the greatest care.
3. Hand sanitiser, in touchless dispensers whenever possible.
4. Any medical support required will be provided in line with government regulations.
5. Each guest staying in the cottages will receive an amenity kit located in their cottage containing masks and hand sanitiser. Additional kits will be available in the restaurant, if requested (subject to availability).
6. All contact surfaces will be frequently cleaning and sanitised. This applies to all public spaces and includes, but is not limited to: door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, stair handrails, dining surfaces, payment machines and seating areas. This frequent cleaning regime will also apply to back of house frequent contact surfaces.
7. Our cleaning products and protocols meet Wales specific guidelines for approved effective use against viruses and bacteria. When cleaning guest cottages, we pay particular attention to high-touch items. All bed linen and laundry are changed after each guest and washed at a high temperature.
8. Throughout all Caradog Hotel properties, we will meet required Welsh government guidelines with proper social distancing for all guests and employees.
9. Restaurants, bars and all other outlets will also observe social distancing and comply with Welsh Government mandated occupancy limits. These areas will be cleaned after each use, including tables, seating, and payment machines. All menus will be disposed of after each use, alternatively the restaurant will consist of a QR code where you can directly access the menu from your mobile phone. Guests are responsible for themselves to comply with Welsh government guidelines when booking a table. We trust each table booked will consist of guests from only one household or with one other extended household. Cottage room service will also continue to operate under new strict measures to ensure your safety.
10. The restaurant entrance will be monitored and any guests requiring medical assistance will be immediately assisted. Only guests who have pre booked a cottage or a table will be allowed to enter the restaurant. The car park will only be available for those with restaurant or cottage reservations.
Our first priority is the safety and welfare of our guests and our team.
This is new for all of us, we ask you to be patient with our team whilst we all get used to the new way of owning your freedom!